Links of Interest
Below are listed many links of interest to those enjoying their stay at West Acre House – among the best rated luxury hotels, b&bs & guest houses in Alnwick, Northumberland.
- Taxis & Car Hire in Alnwick – Our own information for taxi cab services & car hire for Alnwick area.
- Visit Alnwick – Includes accommodation, attractions, activities, publications and local services for this unspoilt historic region of Northumberland.
- Alnwick Castle & Alnwick Garden
- Alnwick Playhouse – Local theatre – what’s on?
- Barter Books – Barter Books, enormous antiquarian & second hand book store.
- Bell & Sons of Alnwick – Quality Gentlemens Outfitters
- Serendipity of Alnwick – Local artists Sarah Jane Holt & Anthony Holt
- Holy Island of Lindisfarne & their Causeway Crossing Times info.
(You can also check Holy Island Causeway Crossing times from VisitNorthumberland)
- Farne Island boat trips –
- Shepherds Walks – Award-winning excellent website for walks in the Alnwick area and throughout Northumberland.
- Northumberland National Park
- Kielder Water & Forest Park
- Hadrian’s Wall Country
- Northern Experience – Northern Experience Wildlife Tours offer exclusive, guided, birdwatching and wildlife tours based in Northumberland, the North Pennines and the Scottish Borders.
- Navigate Northumberland – Provide Navigation Courses and Guided Walks in the Northumberland National Park
and along Northumberland Coast
- TravelLine – PUBLIC TRANSPORT INFORMATION – Plan travel by bus, train, coach, ferry or underground
- English Heritage
- National Trust
National & International Accommodation
- DOMAIN dE MOULIN MER a first class Guesthouse in Brittany France between Quimper and Brest on the Finistaire Coast. We stayed here 2009 and highly recommend Stéphane and his beautiful Guest House.
Please let Stéphane know that you found Domain de Moulin Mer on the West Acre House website!
- Hotel Linde (or Landgasthaus our Linde) – a really superb ‘Inn’ in a beautiful area of the Black Forest – Munstertal. We cannot speak too highly about the quality service, food and accommodation received here in 2011. We would go back at the drop of a hat. Let Hotel Linde know that you found them here!
- Chateau de Cavanac Carcassonne; this auberge hotel is situated about three miles away from Carcassonne. Our stay here in June 2012 was relaxing and comfortable. The food was excellent and when you realise that the generous supply of local wine is included in your meal price it makes it all the better. Happy to recommend!
- Hotel Dehren, Poltersdorf, On the Mosel, Germany. A modern, family run small hotel, quietely situated about 10 minutes south of Cochem on the Mosel. Food and wine was excellent. Stayed here Sept. 2012 and wouldn’t hesitate to go back.
- Groote Brittannie – a useful Dutch Travel website for England
- The WEST ACRE WALTZ on You Tube www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4lbLjAJgHg one of our guests ‘Will Fly’ has kindly written a waltz and dedicated it to West Acre House – Thanks Will!
- http://dmoz.org – The open directory project.
- Total Flooring – We are very happy to recommend Total Flooring of Alnwick who have recently created two beautiful bathroom floors at West Acre House.
- Jonathon Elwell for Interior and exterior doors and bespoke furniture. Elwells will be difficult to surpass, we used the company recently for two new oak doors and the quality is superb!
- Global Warming, (Caused by Humans?) Fact or Fiction see the Global Warming Policy Foundation.
for your choice of 5 star luxury b&bs, hotels & guest houses in Northumberland, North East England.