Links of Interest
- Alnwick Accommodation that we network with - Alndyke Farmhouse, Bow House, Greycroft, Aln house, Oronsay House, Tate House, Bongate Boutique, Fairfield House (in Warkworth), Tosson Tower Farm (In Rothbury) Visit Alnwick
- Holy Island of Lindisfarne -
- Farne Island boat trips -
- Holy Island Crossing times -
- Shepherds Walks - Award-winning excellent website for walks in the Alnwick area and throughout
- Northumberland National Park -
- Kielder Water & Forest Park -
- Hadrian's Wall Country -
- Northern Experience Northern Experience Wildlife Tours offer exclusive, guided, birdwatching and wildlife tours based in Northumberland, the North Pennines and the Scottish Borders.
- Navigate Northumberland provide Navigation Courses and Guided Walks in the Northumberland National Park
and along Northumberland Coast see their website www.navigatenorthumberland.co.uk
National & International Accommodation
- DOMAIN dE MOULIN MER a first class Guesthouse in Brittany France between Quimper and Brest on the Finistaire Coast. We stayed here 2009 and highly recommend Stéphane and his beautiful Guest House.
Please let Stéphane know that you found Domain de Moulin Mer on the West Acre House website!
- Hotel Linde or landgasthaus zur Linde - www.landgasthaus.de/en-index.php a really superb "Inn" in a beautiful area of the Black Forest - Munstertal. We cannot speak too highly about the quality service, food and accommodation received here in 2011. We would go back at the drop of a hat. Let Hotel Linde know that you found them here!
- Chateau de Cavanac Carcassonne; this auberge hotel is situated about three miles away from Carcassonne. Our stay here in June 2012 was relaxing and comfortable. The food was excellent and when you realise that the generous supply of local wine is included in your meal price it makes it all the better. Happy to recommend!
- Hotel Dehren, Poltersdorf, On the Mosel, Germany. A modern, family run small hotel, quietely situated about 10 minutes south of Cochem on the Mosel. Food and wine was excellent. Stayed here Sept. 2012 and wouldn't hesitate to go back.
- www.groot-brittannie-liefhebbers.nl/ Groote Brittannie - a useful Dutch Travel website for England