CENTRAL ALNWICK & OUTSKIRTS
Alnwick Restaurants, Alnwick Pubs, Alnwick Cafés, Alnwick Bistros
(Personal and guest favourite's)
- Caffé Tirreno - Rustic Italian Caffé, you cannot reserve a table here but even if the restaurant looks full don't despair as the turnover of tables is quite rapid. If there is a queue they may suggest for you to go to the pub next door and they will call you when your table is ready for you.
Situated on Bondgate Without, Alnwick, just to the east of the Bondgate Tower. For further information ring 01665 605455. The Caffé is open 7 days per week during the summer season but closed Mondays during autumn and winter. Opening times from midday - last meal orders 9pm.
- Di Sopra Ristorante - Italian Restaurant opened in 2012. Situated in Bondgate Within, Alnwick, just to the left as you go through the bondgate Tower. The restaurant is situated on the first floor. You can book a table by telephoning 01665 606 540. Open 7 days a week 12.00 through to 10.30 pm.
Good recent reviews.
- The Tree House, Alnwick Garden - Open most evenings, an interesting location, the tree house in Alnwick Garden now serves from a set three course or two course menu. You often need to book ahead.
(If you wish to eat here during the day, an admission charge to the Garden may be payable you need to check!)
To book a table telephone 01665 511852. Website Recent reviews are excellent!
- The Tavern Steak House & Lodge - situated in Fenkle Street just past the Market Place, this new for 2016 Restaurant and Steak House is a contemporary eatery inside one of Alwick's old pubs. The decor is right up to date, it is comfortable and very friendly and the food is delicious. Whilst the menu is mainly meat focused the chef will make up vegetarian dishes on request. For more info see their website or Tel. 01665 602 759.
- Yan's Cantonese Restaurant - situated just inside Bondgate Within. A modern style place with excellent Cantonese menu. Booking ahead might be useful at any time of the year as it is very popular. Excellent reviews recently,. Tel. 01665 603888.
Carlo's of Alnwick
- situated in centre of Alnwick. If you just fancy fish and chips, then this is one of the best fish and chip restaurants in Northumberland. See the website
for opening times.
- situated in Paikes Lane, Alnwick, just off Bondgate within, Opposite "Boots" and on a lane connecting Bondgate Within to the Market Place (paikes Street). This is a modern style bistro on two floors, with a nice family atmosphere. Open every day except Sunday, also closed Sunday and Monday evenings. 01665 603444. Website
Consistently good reviews.
Mivesi - Indian Restaurant & English Cafe - situated at 2 Market Place, Alnwick, a very friendly restaurant offering English Café through the day and Indian Restaurant during the evening. Currently they have a policy of taking your own wine, their is no 'corkage charge' and they supply the glasses.
Open 8.30am - 11pm Monday to Saturday and Sunday evenings 5.30pm - 11pm.
To book a table ring 01665 606947
- Mumbai Flavours - Indian Restaurant - situated at 15 Narrowgate, Junction with Fenkle Street. A very friendly Indian restaurant offering an easy to follow menu of authentic and very well flavoured Indian dishes.
Opening time from 5.30pm every evening. To book a table telephone 01665 606336.
Thai Vibe Cafe
- situated at 22 Narrowgate, Alnwick. Good recent reviews from our guests, service can be very slow but food is excellent.
To book a table Telephone 606332 - see their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ThaiVibeCafe
The Oaks Hotel, situated junction of Alnmouth Road and South Road, Alnwick. A local pub where we can recommend the Carvery. Available every day except Saturday. (This is just 5 minutes walk from West Acre House.)
To book a table telephone 01665 510014
The Station Buffet at Barter Books in the Old Railway Station, not only is this an excellent antiquarian book store, they also have the Station Buffet which is great for a snack or light lunch. You can browse the books whilst sitting in front of a roaring coal fire in the old station waiting rooms. A real treat!
- Bari Tea - situated in Narrowgate, it is an excellent small tea room serving real tea of very high quality with superb homemade cakes and scones, we can also recommend their 'pen-haggerty a local savoury dish. For more enquiries telephone 01665 510508. Website . Recent reviews are excellent. (Daytime only)
- Bailey's of Alnwick - Quality Coffee - situated right in the heart of Alnwick for excellent and authentic coffee and snacks.
Telephone 01665 606068. (Daytime only)
- The Olive Branch - situated at 10 Market Street, Alnwick near the entrance to the Market Place.
Excellent home cooked food and including delicious cakes.
Enquiries telephone 01665 602727 or see the website (Daytime only)
The above list is compiled from our guest's reviews to us about their eating experience. If a place isn't on the list its because our guests have not reviewed it. There are several other places to eat in Alnwick such as the White Swan Hotel, Queens Head Hotel, The Oaks Hotel, The Fleece Inn, The Black Swan, The Art House etc. Consistent Guest reviews are awaited.
"BOOK YOUR TABLE PRIOR TO ARRIVING IN ALNWICK TO AVOID DISAPOINTMENT"