Our luxury bed & breakfast accommodation is an ideal base for exploring Alnwick Castle & Garden and the many other attractions in beautiful Northumberland
Alnwick is in the heart of Northumberland, and close to all of Northumberland’s attractions. Within a 10 minute walk you can reach the famous Barter Books, one of the largest second hand and antiquarian book sellers in the UK. Or a few hundred yards further on you will reach Alnwick Garden, with its famous water features, and Alnwick Castle.
Events and Festivals on the Alnwick website www.visitalnwick.org.uk
This fantastic region of Northumberland has many historic castles such as Alnwick Castle, Bamburgh Castle and Chillingham Castle set in the beautiful Northumberland Countryside (Border Reivers country)
Or further inland you can explore Europe’s largest man made lake and England’s largest forest, Kielder Water & Forest Park, in Northumberland National Park – a nature reserve stretching from Hadrian’s Wall to the Cheviot Hills, with superb walking scenery, a variety of wildlife and many historic sites.
- Golf – courses in Northumberland
- Walks – also, see our Walks around Alnwick & Rothbury info.
- National Trust – properties in Northumberland
- English Heritage – properties in Northumberland
- For more comprehensive Tourist Information see “Visit Alnwick”
- Northumberlandia – One of the biggest sculptures in the world, located near Cramlington in the south of Northumberland. It takes the form of a reclining woman with paths crossing the contours of the body.
- Gardens in Northumberland
- Red Cross Open Garden Scheme – Open gardens in North East England
Scenic Drives in Northumberland
Enjoy driving routes on quiet winding roads in unspoilt, peaceful countryside, such as the hills & valleys of Coquetdale, Kielder & Northumberland National Park, and the stunning coastal roads that pass through such delights as Warkworth, Alnmouth, Seahouses & Bamburgh. Website
during your 5 star luxury bed & breakfast holiday at West Acre House.